1/2 kg mussels / kallummakaya, cleaned
2 1/2 tbsp plain flour
2 1/2 tbsp + 2 tsp cornflour
2 tsp + 1 tsp crushed pepper
1 tbsp ginger, chopped
1 tbsp garlic, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 small capsicum, chopped
1/2 cup spring onion, chopped
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp chilli sauce
2 tbsp tomato sauce
salt to taste
3 tbsp oil
- In a bowl, add plain flour, corn flour, 2 tsp crushed pepper and salt and mix well to a thick paste adding little water.
- Add cleaned mussels to this paste and marinate well and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the marinated mussels and keep it aside.
- In the same oil, add chopped ginger, garlic and onion and saute well till onion turns soft.
- Add chopped capsicum and spring onion and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chilli powder and 1 tsp crushed pepper and mix well.
- Add soy sauce, chilli sauce, tomato sauce and salt and mix well for few minutes.
- Add 2 tsp cornflour mixed with 1/4 cup of water and cook for 2 minutes at low flame.
- When it boils, add fried mussels and mix well for 2-3 minutes till sauce is well coated with mussels.
- Add chopped spring onion greens and switch off the flame…Serve hot..