1 big raw plantain/ banana, chopped into cubes
1 cup yam / chena, chopped into cubes
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1 tsp pepper powder
1 1/2 cup grated coconut
3/4 tsp cumin seeds
3 green chillies
2 cups yogurt
salt to taste
1 tsp + 3/4 tsp ghee
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
3-4 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- Peel and chop yam and raw plantain into cubes.
- Grind together grated coconut, cumin seeds and green chillies to a paste adding little water and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add chopped yam , raw plantain, turmeric powder, kashmiri chilli powder, pepper powder and salt and cook it adding about 1 1/2 cups of water at medium-low flame till cooked and water almost dries up.
- Reduce the flame to low and add 1 tsp ghee and mix well.
- Add yogurt to this and mix well and cook, stirring occasionally until it becomes thick.
- Add ground coconut paste, mix well and boil for 5 minutes. Adjust the salt and switch off the flame.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp oil and 3/4 tsp ghee in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- Add dry red chillies and curry leaves and pour this seasoning over the curry and mix well. Serve with rice….
Recipe Source: Lekshmi Nair (YouTube)