2 egg whites
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
3-4 drops of lemon juice
2-3 drops of food colour (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 100 degree. Line a cookie tray with parchment paper and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together egg whites, sugar and vanilla essence for 2 minutes.
- Then beat it with an electric beater starting from low speed gradually increasing the speed to high till stiff peaks are formed ( the cream should not fall if you invert the bowl).
- Add the lemon juice and beat for a minute.
- Add the food colour and beat over high speed till evenly combined and stiff peaks are formed.
- Transfer this to an icing bag with an icing tip of your choice and pipe it in the prepared cookie tray leaving space in between.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes, switch off the oven and leave the meringues in the closed oven itself for about 1 1/2 hour (slow cooling inside the oven)
- Remove the cookies from the oven and store it in an air tight container when it is cooled completely…
Recipe Source: Sanaa’s Recipe Note Book