1/2 kg beef, cleaned into pieces
1 onion, sliced
1 tomato, chopped
2 tbsp shallots, crushed
1 tbsp ginger, crushed
1 tbsp garlic, crushed
3-4 green chillies
2 tbsp kashmiri chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pressure cooker and add fenugreek seeds.
- Add sliced onions and saute well till transparent. Add chopped tomato and saute well till soft.
- Add crushed shallots, ginger and garlic and saute well.
- Add cleaned beef and mix well for a minute.
- Add chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
- Add 1 cup of boiling water to this and mix well.
- Add green chillies and cook covered at high flame for 1 whistle. Then reduce the flame to medium and cook till done.
- Once the pressure releases, open the cooker and add curry leaves and mix well.
- Serve hot with neer dosa, pathiri , ghee rice, puttu etc..