2 small beetroots
5 green chillies
1 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 cup yogurt
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 sprig curry leaves
1 tbsp coconut oil
- Peel and cut the beetroot into thin slices.
- Coarsely grind grated coconut, cumin seeds and 2 green chillies together and keep it aside.
- Heat 1/2 cup of water in a pan and add sliced beetroot, 3 slit green chillies, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt and cook covered for about 10 minutes till cooked and water dries.
- Add yogurt and mix well and cook it for 2 minutes in low flame.
- Add the coconut mixture and mix well for 2 minutes. Adjust the salt.
- Switch off the flame and add coconut oil and curry leaves and mix well. Serve with rice….