3 carrots (2 cups) , chopped
1/4 cup vanpayar / red beans ( 1/2-3/4 cup cooked)
3/4 cup grated coconut
3-4 green chillies
2 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/4-1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 sprig curry leaves
2 dry red chillies
1 tsp mustard seeds
salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
- Soak the vanpayar in water overnight and pressure cook it adding enough water and salt. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Crush together green chillies, shallots, garlic cloves and cumin seeds.
- Combine grated coconut with this crushed mixture and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and fry dry red chillies.
- Add chopped carrot, turmeric powder and salt and mix well and cook covered at low flame, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle little water if required.
- Then add cooked vanpayar, coconut mixture and curry leaves, mix well and cook covered for 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- Remove from flame and serve with rice…