1 kg tapioca / kappa
2 green chillies
4-5 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
2 cups coconut milk
7-8 shallots, chopped
3 dry red chillies
1 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
2 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
1 tbsp coconut oil
- Peel and cut the tapioca into small cubes. Cook the tapioca pieces in enough water adding little salt. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Crush together 10-12 shallots, garlic cloves, green chillies, cumin seeds and few curry leaves.
- Add the cooked tapioca in a pan and add crushed mixture and salt and mash lightly using wooden spatula.
- Add coconut milk to this and mix well and allow it to boil well. When it starts to thicken, switch off the flame.
- Heat oil in a small pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add 7-8 shallots sliced and fry till brown.
- Add dry red chillies and curry leaves. Pour this over the cooked tapioca and mix well…Serve with fish curry or any curry of your choice….