6 hard boiled eggs
2 cups basmati rice
3 cups of water
2 large onions, sliced
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
2 tomatoes, chopped
3 tbsp yogurt
1 tbsp + 1 tsp chilli powder
1/4+ 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
2-3 tsp garam masala
3 cinnamon pieces
1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
2 tbsp mint leaves
salt to taste
3 tbsp ghee
1 tbsp oil
- Wash and soak rice in water for 20 minutes. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and fry 1 sliced onion and keep it aside.
- In the same oil, add 1 tsp chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, a pinch of salt and boiled eggs and roast for 2 minutes and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add yogurt, 1 tbsp chilli powder, coriander powder, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and garam masala and mix well.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker and add cardamoms, cloves and cinnamon.
- Add 1 large sliced onion and saute well till transparent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste , chopped tomatoes and salt and saute well till soft.
- Add yogurt mix to this and mix well. Add the roasted eggs, fried onion, chopped coriander leaves and mint leaves and mix well.
- Add drained rice and 3 cups of water and mix well. Adjust the salt.
- Cook it covered for 1 whistle at medium flame and switch off the flame. Keep it aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Open the lid and fluff rice with a fork and transfer to a serving bowl and serve with raita, pickle…