1 cup quinoa
2 cups of water
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 small carrot, finely chopped
1/4 cup beans, finely chopped
2 green chillies, finely chopped
small piece ginger, finely chopped
1 sprig curry leaves
1 tsp urad dal
1 tsp mustard seeds
salt to taste
oil, as required
- Soak quinoa in water for at least 10 minutes. Then rinse it in water at least 3-4 times. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add 2 cups of water and boil adding salt and 2 tsp oil.
- Then add drained quinoa and cook covered at low flame for 15-20 minutes till properly cooked, stirring in between. Switch off the flame.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add urad dal and curry leaves.
- Add chopped onion, green chillies and ginger and saute for 2 minutes till transparent.
- Then add chopped carrot and beans and saute for 2 minutes.
- Now add the cooked quinoa and adjust the salt and mix well for 2-3 minutes at low flame. Switch off the flame and serve…