2 1/4 cup plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp orange / lemon zest
3 large eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
2 tsp vanilla essence
oil, for deep frying
powdered sugar, to sprinkle
- In a bowl, mix together plain flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and orange / lemon zest.
- Add eggs, milk, vanilla essence and oil to this and mix well until everything combined to a smooth and thick batter.
- Heat oil in a pan at medium flame for deep frying.
- Drop in small balls of batter with your hand or spoon into the oil.
- Fry for few minutes, turning the balls in between until they are brown in colour all over.
- Remove it from the oil and drain them on a paper towel….Sprinkle powdered sugar and serve…
Recipe Source: Savory and Sweet Food