1 3/4 cup plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup caster sugar
250 ml buttermilk
1 large beaten egg
4 tbsp oil
1 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Sift together plain flour, baking powder and cocoa powder into a bowl.
- Add caster sugar to this and mix well.
- Make a well in the centre and add buttermilk, beaten egg and oil and mix until just combined.
- Fold in blueberries making sure that all the dry ingredients are incorporated into the mixture.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases, then transfer the tin to the oven.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Transfer the muffins to a wire rack and leave to cool completely..
- Instead of buttermilk you can use 1/2 cup of milk and 1/2 cup of yogurt..