200 gm prawns, cleaned
7-8 vendakka / okra, chopped
gooseberry sized tamarind
1/2 onion, sliced
3 garlic, chopped
6 shallots, sliced
2-3 green chillies
1 small tomato, chopped
1 1/2 tbsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
salt to taste
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
2 sprig curry leaves
2-3 tbsp oil
- Soak tamarind in little water, extract its juice and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan / manchatti and add chopped okra and saute for 2 minutes and keep it aside.
- In the same oil, splutter mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and add sliced shallots and saute.
- Add garlic, onion, green chillies and curry leaves and saute at medium flame.
- Reduce the flame to low and add chilli powder and turmeric powder and mix well till the raw smell goes.
- Add chopped tomato and salt, mix well and cook it covered for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cleaned prawns to this and mix well. Then cook it covered for about 4 minutes at medium flame.
- Add okra pieces and mix well. Now add tamarind extract and 1-1 1/2 cup of hot water and cook covered for about 5 minutes.
- Add curry leaves and switch off the flame. Keep it covered for 5 minutes. Serve with rice…