2 1/2 cup papaya, thinly sliced
1- 1 1/4 cup grated coconut
1/4 tsp + 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
4-5 green chillies
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
2-3 tbsp sour yogurt
2 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- Peel and cut papaya into thin slices and keep it aside.
- Crush grated coconut adding 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 3-4 green chillies and cumin seeds and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add the sliced papaya, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, chilli powder, 1 slit green chilly , few curry leaves, salt and about 3/4 cup of water.
- Cook it covered for 10-15 minutes till papaya is completely cooked and water is mostly evaporated.
- Add yogurt to this and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Then add the crushed coconut mixture and cook covered for 1-2 minutes at low flame.
- Mix gently and cook for a minute. Adjust the salt and switch off the flame.
- Add coconut oil and a few curry leaves. Keep it covered for 10 minutes and mix gently…Serve with rice….
- Yogurt can be replaced with small goose berry sized tamarind soaked in 2 tbsp hot water and extracted its juice…
Recipe Source: YummyOYummy