150 gm / 1 bunch palak / spinach
1/2 cup toor dal
3 green chillies
3 garlic cloves
a pinch of asafoetida
1/2 tsp + 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 big onion, finely chopped
5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/4 tsp ginger, finely chopped
1 big tomato, finely chopped
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
salt to taste
1-2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp ghee
- In a pressure cooker, add washed toor dal, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 3 garlic cloves, 2 chopped green chillies, a pinch of asafoetida and salt and cook for 1 whistle adding 1 3/4 cup of water.
- Then reduce the flame and cook for 10 minutes. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil and ghee in a pan and add cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
- When it splutter, add finely chopped onion, 5 garlic cloves, ginger and 1 green chilli and saute well adding little salt till soft and light brown.
- Add chopped tomato and 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and cook till soft and mushy.
- Add chopped palak / spinach and saute till soft.
- Then add cooked dal to this and water as required, mix well and bring to a boil.
- Switch off the flame and add chopped coriander leaves and serve…