10-12 quail eggs / kaada mutta
1 onion, sliced
1 tomato, chopped
3 green chillies, chopped
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
few curry leaves
12-15 cashew nuts
1 cup thick coconut milk
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp fennel powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp pepper powder
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp sugar
salt to taste
1 tbsp ghee / oil
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- Wash and hard boil the quail eggs in water with 1/4 tsp salt for 10-12 minutes. Then remove the shell and keep it aside.
- Soak cashew nuts in little water and grind to a paste. Mix this ground cashew paste with 1 cup of coconut milk and keep it aside.
- Heat oil / ghee in a pan and add sliced onion and saute well till transparent.
- Add green chillies, ginger-garlic paste and curry leaves and saute well adding little salt.
- Add chopped tomato to this and saute well till soft.
- Reduce the flame to very low and add turmeric powder, garam masala, fennel powder, coriander powder and pepper powder and mix well.
- Add lemon juice and 1/2 tsp sugar and mix well.
- Add water to this and when it starts to boil, add boiled eggs and cook at low flame.
- Then add coconut milk – cashew nut mixture and cook for few minutes till the gravy thickens.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and mix well. Remove from the flame and serve hot..