300 gm beef
1 cup muringayila / drumstick leaves
1 big potato, boiled and mashed
2 big onions, chopped
1 tbsp ginger, chopped
3-4 green chillies, finely chopped
1 sprig curry leaves, finely chopped
1 tsp pepper powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp vinegar
1/2 tsp garam masala
1-2 eggs, lightly beaten
bread crumbs as required
salt to taste
oil, as required
- Clean and cut the beef into small pieces and cook it in a pressure cooker adding turmeric powder, pepper powder, chilli powder, vinegar, salt and enough water. Then shred the cooked beef pieces and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp oil in a pan and add chopped onions and saute well till transparent.
- Add chopped ginger, green chillies and curry leaves and saute well.
- Add muringayila and and little salt and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add mashed potatoes into this and mix well.
- Then add shredded beef and mix well. Add garam masala and mix well. Check for salt and stir well for 2 minutes on low flame.
- When the mixture is cooled, make small balls out of it and flatten into desired shapes.
- Dip each cutlet into the beaten egg and then roll in bread crumbs till well coated on all sides.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the cutlets on medium flame till golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from the oil and drain them on a paper towel….Serve hot with tea / coffee….