2 cups biscuits, powdered ( I used digestive biscuits)
120-125 g butter, melted
toffee / dulce de leche ( from 1 can condensed milk )
3 ripe bananas, thinly sliced
1 tsp lemon juice
1 cup whipping cream
2-3 tbsp icing sugar
grated chocolate / chocolate shavings, to garnish
- Grease a pie pan with butter.
- In a bowl, combine the powdered biscuits and melted butter. Transfer this to the pie pan, spread evenly and press lightly. Cool it for about 20-30 minutes.
- Transfer the prepared toffee / cooked condensed milk / dulce de leche ( method is given below) to a bowl and smoothen with a spatula.
- Take the whipping cream in a bowl and whip till soft peaks are formed. Add icing sugar to this and whip till combined.
- Add the toffee over the biscuit layer and spread evenly.
- Top it with sliced bananas and sprinkle lemon juice over the banana.
7. Then layer the whipped cream on top of it and leave it to cool for about 2 hours.
8. Garnish with grated chocolate and serve…
For making toffee / dulce de leche / cooked condensed milk:
- Remove the label from the can of condensed milk. Put the can in pressure cooker ( do not open the can ) with enough water to cover the can ( the can should be under water) and cook it for one whistle, then reduce the flame and cook for about 25-30 minutes.
- Let the pressure cooker cool down completely and then open the cooker and remove the can carefully from hot water. Cool the can completely at room temperature before opening.
Recipe Source: Lekshmi Nair (YouTube)