1 cup white chick peas/ chana
12-15 paneer pieces
1 onion, chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
2 tomatoes, chopped
2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
3/4 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp cumin powder
1- 1 1/2 tbsp chana masala powder
small piece cinnamon
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp garam masala
3 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
salt to taste
oil, as required
- Wash and soak white chick peas in water for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Heat 1 1/2-2 tbsp oil in a pressure cooker and splutter cinnamon and cumin seeds.
- Add chopped onion, green chillies, ginger-garlic paste and tomatoes and saute well.
- Add turmeric powder, kashmiri chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and chana masala powder and saute till raw smell goes.
- Add drained chick peas, 2 cups of water, salt and some chopped coriander leaves. Cover and cook for 8-10 whistles till well cooked.
- In a pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and fry paneer pieces till golden.
- Add this fried paneer to the cooked chick peas masala and mix well.
- Finally add some chopped coriander leaves, garam masala and lemon juice and mix well.
- Switch off the flame and serve with chapati, naan, rice etc…