1/4 part of a medium pineapple
1 cup raw rice / pachari
250 gm jaggery
2 1/2 -3 tbsp plain flour
2 tbsp sliced coconut
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp black sesame seeds
2 tbsp ghee
oil for frying
- Chop the pineapple into pieces and grind to a paste without adding water.
- In a sauce pan, melt jaggery adding 3/4-1 cup of water.
- Add ground pineapple into this and allow to boil well. Switch off the flame and keep it aside to cool.
- In a blender, add drained rice and grind it adding jaggery mixture little by little.
- Transfer to a bowl and add plain flour and mix well. Keep it covered for 4 hours.
- Heat ghee in a small frying pan and fry sliced coconut till light brown.
- Add this fried sliced coconut and sesame seeds to the batter and mix well.
- Add cardamom powder and salt and mix well.
- Heat oil in an unniyappam pan at medium flame.
- When oil becomes hot, pour a spoonful of batter into each hole and cook on low-medium flame till the sides gets cooked.
- Then turn it using a skewer or spoon gently and cook the other side until it turns golden brown colour and cooked.
- Remove from the pan and drain them on a paper towel…Serve hot..