250 gm chicken, cut into pieces
1 1/4 cup jeerakashala rice / basmati rice
2 1/2 cup boiling water
1 cup curry leaves
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 tsp fennel seeds
2 tp pepper corns
2 onions, sliced
small piece ginger
8 garlic clove
2 green chillies
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 cinnamon stick
salt to taste
2 tbsp ghee
fried onions, fried curry leaves ,cashew nuts – for garnishing
- Wash the rice, drain it and keep it aside.
- In a pan, add curry leaves, cumin seeds, fennel seeds and pepper corns and roast in low flame. Then grind it to a powder ( about 3 tbsp ) and keep it aside.
- Crush garlic, ginger and green chillies together and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a thick bottomed pan and add cloves, cinnamon and cardamoms and saute.
- Add sliced onions and saute well till transparent.
- Add crushed ginger-garlic- green chillies and saute well till raw smell goes.
- Add turmeric powder to this and mix well.
- Add cleaned chicken pieces and saute well.
- Add 1/2 of curry leaves powder and enough salt, mix well and cook covered at low flame for 10-12 minutes.
- Then add drained rice and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add 2 1/2 cup of boiling water, lemon juice, remaining curry leaves powder and salt and cook covered at low flame till rice and chicken are cooked.
- Garnish with fried onions, cashew nuts and fried curry leaves and serve hot…
Recipe Source: mathrubhumi.com