1/2 kg kappa / tapioca
1 bunch red spinach / chuvanna cheera ( 3-4 cups)
1 small raw mango/ pacha manga, peeled and sliced
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 cup grated coconut
1 garlic clove
2 green chillies
3 dry red chillies
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
1 tbsp coconut oil
- Peel and cut the tapioca into small cubes. Cook the tapioca pieces in enough water adding little salt. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Separate the leaves and stems of spinach and wash it properly. Roughly chop the leaves and cut the tender stems into pieces.
- Cook the spinach leaves and stems adding chopped mango, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and enough water.
- Grind grated coconut, shallots, garlic clove and green chillies together to a coarse paste and keep it aside.
- When spinach and mangoes are cooked well, add coconut mixture and mix well for 2 minutes.
- Then add cooked tapioca and mix well and cook for few minutes at medium flame till well combined. No need to mash…
- Check the salt and adjust the spice level. Switch off the flame.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add dry red chillies and curry leaves and pour this seasoning and mix well. Serve hot..