3/4 cup plain flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup white cooking chocolate
2-3 tbsp fresh cream
candy canes, as required
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree celcius. Grease a square baking pan with butter and dust it with flour and keep it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add melted butter, plain flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, sugar, salt, eggs and vanilla essence and beat it with an electric beater for about 2-3 minutes (just to mix well).
- Pour the prepared batter to the greased pan and bake it for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted at the centre of the brownie comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool it at room temperature. Cut it to triangles and keep it ready.
- Take the candy cane one by one and gently insert it to the brownie triangles.
- In a bowl, microwave together white cooking chocolate and fresh cream for about 45 seconds – 1 minute, remove from oven and stir till the chocolate melts completely.
- Move this to an icing bag, cut the tip lightly and pipe it over the brownie triangles. Let it dry for few minutes and then serve…
- You can use pop sticks instead of candy canes to resemble a tree…