4 plantains / kerala banana /nendrapazham
1 cup grated jaggery
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
2-3 tsp ghee
- Peel and cut bananas into medium thick round pieces ( drum shape).
- In a pan, add grated jaggery and melt it by adding 1/2 cup of water. Strain it and keep it aside.
- Add chopped bananas in a pan and add 1 1/4-1 1/2 cup of water and cook well till water almost dries up.
- Add melted jaggery and boil well till it thickens at medium flame.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well. Add ghee to this and mix well.
- Switch off the flame…Serve as a dessert or side dish for puttu…
Recipe Source: Lekshmi Nair Vlog (YouTube)