puff pastry, thawed (as required)
1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
1/3 cup lemon curd
1 tsp lemon zest
3-4 tbsp sugar
1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree celcius. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil/ parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together whipped cream cheese, lemon curd, lemon zest and sugar until well combined. Keep this filling aside.
- Cut the thawed puff pastry sheet into heart shapes using heart-shaped cookie cutter.
- Spoon little filling onto the centre of half of the hearts and place remaining hearts on top of it.
- Using a fork, press around the edges of the hearts, sealing them together.
- Arrange them on the prepared baking tray and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden brown… Allow to cool for a few minutes and enjoy…