300 gm kovakka / ivy gourd
1/4 cup vanpayar / red beans ( 1/2 cup cooked)
1/2 cup grated coconut
3 green chillies
2 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1 sprig curry leaves
2-3 dry red chillies
1 tsp mustard seeds
salt to taste
1 tbsp coconut oil
- Soak the vanpayar in water overnight and pressure cook it adding enough water and salt. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Chop the kovakka into small pieces and keep it aside.
- Grind together grated coconut, green chillies, garlic cloves, cumin seeds, turmeric powder and chilli powder to a coarse mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add dry red chillies and curry leaves.
- Add kovakka and salt and mix well and cook covered at low flame, stirring in between.
- When half cooked, add cooked vanpayar to this and mix well.
- Then add coconut mixture , mix well and sprinkle some water and cook covered at low flame, stirring occasionally. Remove from flame and serve with rice…