3 cups malabar spinach / basale, chopped
1/2 cup grated coconut
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 green chillies
6 shallots, sliced
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
2 dry red chillies
salt to taste
2 tbsp coconut oil
- Wash and chop malabar spinach into pieces and keep it aside.
- Grind grated coconut, cumin seeds, turmeric powder and green chillies together to a coarse mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add dry red chillies , chopped shallots and garlic and saute well.
- Add chopped spinach and salt, mix well and cook for 6-7 minutes. Don’t cover while cooking..
- Add coconut mixture and mix well for 2-3 minutes till all the water dries up…Remove from flame and serve with rice…