1 cup basmati rice ( 2 1/2 -3 cups cooked basmati rice )
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 green chilli, finely chopped
1 sprig curry leaves
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp pepper powder
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
salt to taste
1 1/2 tbsp oil
- Wash the rice and cook it in a deep pan adding enough water and salt till done. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Beat eggs in a bowl adding pepper powder and a pinch of salt and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat and add chopped onion, garlic, green chilli and curry leaves and cook till onion turns light golden.
- Add turmeric powder and chilli powder and mix well.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook till soft and mushy.
- Then move the cooked masala to the side of the pan and add the beaten egg and scramble well and mix everything together.
- Add cooked rice to this, mix well and cook for a minute.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice and mix well. Serve hot…