2 cups zucchini / courgette, chopped
1/4 cup black eyed beans / vellapayar
1/2 cup grated coconut
1/4-1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1-2 green chillies, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 dried red chillies
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp urad dal
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
1 tbsp oil
- Soak black eyed beans / vellapayar in water and pressure cook it adding enough water and salt and keep it aside.
- Peel and chop zucchini into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add cumin seeds, urad dal, dried red chillies and curry leaves and mix well.
- Add grated coconut, crushed garlic, chopped green chilli, turmeric powder and chilli powder and mix well for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add the chopped zucchini and salt and mix well to coat with the spices.
- Cover and cook on low-medium flame for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until zucchini is tender.
- Add cooked black eyed beans to this, mix well and cook covered on low flame for 2 minutes.
- Remove from flame and serve hot with rice…