2 cups puttu podi
1 1/2 cup grated coconut
3 ripe bananas / nendrapazham, chopped
1-2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp ghee
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
salt to taste
water as required
- Mix the puttupodi with little salt and add water little by little to the puttu podi till it becomes wet/ moist and mix thoroughly without any lumps. Keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add chopped bananas, grated coconut and sugar and mix well. Add ghee and cardamom powder to this and mix well.
- To prepare the puttu, take a puttu maker and layer it with 2 tbsp banana mixture and then add puttu podi. Repeat the process, till the puttu maker is filled.
- Fill pressure cooker/ puttu kudam with 3 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Place the puttu maker on top of it and steam cook for 5-7 minutes or until the steam starts coming out from the top of puttu maker.