1 1/2 cup yellow cucumber / vellarikka
3 garlic cloves, crushed
4-5 shallots, crushed
1 sprig curry leaves
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1-1 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes / crushed red chillies ( as required)
salt to taste
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- Peel off the skin of vellarikka, remove its seeds and chop into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add curry leaves, crushed shallots and garlic and saute well.
- Add turmeric powder and red chilli flakes and mix well at low flame.
- Then add chopped vellarikka and salt, mix well and cook at low flame till completely cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame and serve with rice and other side-dishes…