20 almonds / badam
3-3 1/2 cups milk
3 1/2 tbsp sugar or as required
a pinch of saffron
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
a pinch of salt
- Soak the badam in hot water for 20 minutes. Then peel off the skin and blend to a very fine paste adding 1/4 – 1/3 cup of milk.
- Boil remaining milk in a sauce pan. Reduce the flame and simmer for a few minutes until slightly reduced.
- Add badam paste and saffron (soaked in 1 tbsp warm milk) , mix well and cook at low flame for 5 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add sugar and mix well till the sugar dissolves. Switch off the flame when slightly thick.
- Add cardamom powder and a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Serve warm or chilled garnished with sliced almonds and saffron strands…