1 cup chana dal / kadalaparippu
200-250 gm boneless chicken
1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
3 green chillies, finely chopped
1 big onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
1 sprig curry leaves, chopped
1 tsp garam masala
1/2-1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1/4 tsp + 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
salt to taste
oil for frying
- Wash and soak kadalaparippu in water for 3-4 hours.
- Cook the chicken pieces adding 1/2 tsp pepper powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and salt. Shred/ mince it and keep it aside.
- Grind the drained kadalaparippu to a coarse mixture without adding water.
- Transfer this to a bowl and add finely chopped onion, ginger, green chilli, curry leaves, coriander leaves, garam masala, chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
- Add shredded chicken into this and mix well with your hand. Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Then grease your hand and make small balls out of the mixture and flatten them with your palms.
- Heat oil in a pan and drop the prepared vadas gently to the hot oil and fry them on medium flame till golden brown on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot with tea / coffee…