150 gm boneless chicken, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 of 1 medium carrot, chopped
1″ piece ginger, crushed
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp cornflour
1 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
1/4 cup carrot, finely chopped / julienned
1/2 cup cabbage, julienned
2 tbsp beans, chopped
2 tbsp celery, chopped
3 tbsp spring onion white, chopped
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp red chilli sauce
1 tsp vinegar
1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp crushed pepper ( adjust to your taste)
1/2 tsp sugar
salt to taste
2 tbsp spring onion green, chopped
1 tbsp oil
- In a pan, add 5 cups of water, chopped onion, 1/2 chopped carrot, crushed ginger, garlic, chicken pieces , 1/2 tsp crushed pepper and salt and mix well.
- Cook it covered and when it starts to boil, reduce the flame to medium and cook it for 20-25 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and remove the chicken from the stock and keep it aside to cool. Then shred the chicken pieces and keep it aside.
- Strain the chicken stock ( about 4 cups )and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, mix cornflour with 4 tbsp of water. Beat well an egg in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped garlic and saute for 10 seconds.
- Add chopped white part of spring onion, 1/4 cup chopped carrot, cabbage, celery and beans and saute well for 1 minute on high flame.
- Add chicken stock, soy sauce, red chilli sauce, vinegar, 1/2 tsp crushed pepper, sugar and salt and mix well and let it boil.
- When it starts to boil, add shredded chicken and boil for 2 minutes.
- Then gradually pour the beaten egg and mix it well.
- Add cornflour mix gradually and when it starts to boil, add chopped green part of spring onion.
- Switch off the flame and serve hot…