300 gm mutton, cut into small pieces
3 medium potatoes, boiled and mashed
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tsp ginger, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 green chillies, finely chopped
1 sprig curry leaves, chopped
1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp pepper powder
1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp + 3/4 tsp garam masala
3/4 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp meat masala
1 egg, beaten
bread crumbs as required
salt to taste
oil, as required
- In a pressure cooker, add cleaned mutton pieces, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp garam masala, 1/2 tsp pepper powder and salt and mix well.
- Add 3-4 tbsp of water to this, mix well and pressure cook till done.
- Open the cooker when the pressure releases and allow to cool completely. Then pulse / shred the cooked mutton and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbsp oil in a pan and add finely chopped onion, ginger, garlic, green chillies and curry leaves and saute until onion turns light golden.
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, chilli powder, 1/2 tsp pepper powder, 3/4 tsp garam masala and meat masala and mix well for a minute.
- Add shredded mutton and mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Adjust the salt and cook for 2 minutes on low flame and switch off the flame.
- When the mixture is cooled, make small balls out of it and flatten into desired shapes.
- Dip each cutlet into the beaten egg and then roll in bread crumbs till well coated on all sides.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the cutlets on medium flame till golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from the oil and drain them on a paper towel…Serve with tomato sauce…