6-7 hard boiled quail eggs / kaada mutta
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 green chilli, finely chopped
2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1-2 tsp tomato sauce
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
1 tsp garam masala
5-6 curry leaves, chopped
2 tbsp oil
salt to taste
puff pastry sheets
1 beaten egg for egg wash
- Thaw the puff pastry sheets as instructed in the package.
- Cut the hard boiled quail eggs into halves and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onions and salt and saute until onion turns golden.
- Add chopped green chilli, ginger-garlic paste and curry leaves and saute well.
- Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder and garam masala, mix well and saute until their raw smell is gone.
- Add tomato sauce, mix well and cook for a minute. Adjust the salt. Remove it from the flame and keep it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree celcius. Grease a baking tray with oil or line it with aluminium foil/ parchment paper.
- Cut the puff pastry sheets into squares or desired shapes.
- Add little of the prepared onion masala on each pastry and place an egg half on top of it.
- Seal the puffs using your fingers. Arrange the prepared puffs on a greased baking tray and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the puffs turn golden brown on top. Serve with tea..