1 medium carrot
20-25 dates, pitted and chopped
1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
12 garlic cloves, finely chopped
4 green chillies, finely chopped
2 sprig curry leaves, finely chopped
2 tbsp chilli powder
1/2 cup vinegar
1 tsp mustard seeds
salt to taste
3 tbsp coconut oil / gingely oil
- Soak dates in enough hot water for 45 minutes. Then grind to a fine paste and keep it aside.
- Peel and finely grate beetroots and carrot and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add finely chopped ginger, garlic, green chillies and curry leaves and saute well at medium flame till the colour lightly changes.
- Add grated beetroot and carrot and mix well for 5-6 minutes till soft adding little salt.
- Add chilli powder and mix well for a minute.
- Then add dates paste and mix well for 2 minutes. Adjust salt and mix well.
- Add vinegar to this and mix well. When it boils well, switch off the flame.
- Allow it to cool completely and store in an air tight glass container/ bottle…