1 kg beef, cut into pieces
1+2 tbsp coriander powder
1/2 tbsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1-1 1/2 tbsp crushed pepper
1 tbsp meat masala
1 tsp garam masala
6+6 garlic cloves, chopped
1+1 inch ginger, chopped
2 green chillies, chopped
30 shallots, sliced
2 sprigs curry leaves
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
salt to taste
3 tbsp ghee / coconut oil
- In a pressure cooker, add cleaned beef, 1 tbsp coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder, 1/2 tbsp crushed pepper, 1 tbsp meat masala, 6 chopped garlic, 1″ piece ginger, green chillies, lemon juice and salt and mix well.
- Cover with lid and cook at high flame for 1 whistle. Then cook at low flame for 5-6 whistles till well cooked.
- Open the cooker once the pressure releases completely
- Heat ghee / coconut oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add finely chopped 1″ piece ginger and 6 garlic cloves and saute.
- Add sliced shallots, curry leaves and little salt and saute well at medium flame till golden brown.
- Add 1 tbsp coriander powder and garam masala and mix well for a minute.
- Add cooked beef into this and mix well and boil well till the gravy has thickened to the desired level.
- Add 1/2-1 tbsp crushed pepper and mix well for 2 minutes. Adjust salt and switch off the flame.
- Keep it covered for 15 minutes and then serve with pathiri, porotta, ghee rice etc…
Recipe Source: Shaan Geo (YouTube)