2 big potatoes
2 onions, chopped
1 big tomato, chopped
1 tbsp ginger, sliced
6 green chillies, slit
1 piece of cinnamon
1 sprig curry leaves
1 tsp crushed pepper
1 tsp vinegar
3 cups thin coconut milk (second extract)
3/4 -1 cup thick coconut milk (first extract)
salt to taste
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 tbsp coconut oil
- Boil the eggs, peel it and make gashes and keep it aside. Peel and chop potatoes into cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add cinnamon, cloves, sliced ginger and slit green chillies and saute.
- Add chopped onion and curry leaves and saute well adding salt.
- Add potato pieces and mix well.
- Add crushed pepper and thin coconut milk and mix well.
- When it starts to boil, add chopped tomato and vinegar and cook covered till potatoes are cooked well.
- Then add boiled eggs and mix well and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Add thick coconut milk and curry leaves and mix well and heat for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and serve with neer dosa, vellayappam, idiyappam etc…