For the filling:
350 gm boneless chicken, cut into thin strips
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/2 green capsicum, cut in juliennes
1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp cumin powder
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1 tbsp plain flour
1/3 cup milk
1 tbsp butter
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp oil
puff pastry sheets, as required
shredded mozzarella cheese, optional
1 egg beaten with 1 tbsp milk for egg wash
To make filling:
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onions and saute till soft adding little salt.
- Add garlic and mix for a minute.
- Add chicken strips and saute well till the chicken turns white in colour.
- Add chilli powder, cumin powder and oregano and mix well.
- Add chopped capsicum and cook well for about 6-7 minutes till chicken is cooked.
- Add plain flour and mix evenly.
- Pour milk, pepper powder and little salt , stir well and cook till a sauce forms and let it come to a boil.
- Switch off the flame and add in butter.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degree celcius. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut out as many circles from the puff pastry sheet with a 3 inch cookie cutter.
- Brush the edges of a pastry circle with some egg wash and place a spoon of the cooled chicken filling in the centre. (If you want can add mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken filling).
- Place the second circle on top of this and seal the edges with your fingers first and then with a fork.
- Place the pies on the baking tray, leaving an inch space between the pies.
- Brush the top with egg wash, make two slits on top of the pastry for air to escape.
- Bake in the preheated oven till the top gets golden brown in colour and puffed up. Serve warm…
Recipe Source: savoryandsweetfood.com