200 gm paneer, cut into cubes
1 onion, thinly sliced
3 green chillies, slit
1/2″ ginger, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 sprig curry leaves
1/4 tsp + 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp + 1 tsp pepper powder
1 cup thin coconut milk
1 small tomato, sliced into thin round pieces
a pinch of fennel powder
1 cup thick coconut milk
salt to taste
2-3 tbsp coconut oil
- In a bowl, add paneer pieces and marinate it with 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, chilli powder, 1/4 tsp pepper powder and salt.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry / grill the marinated paneer pieces on both sides and keep it aside.
- In the same oil, add curry leaves, slit green chillies, chopped garlic, ginger, sliced onion and little salt and saute well for 4-5 minutes till onion turns transparent.
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and 1 tsp pepper powder and mix well till the raw smell goes.
- Add thin coconut milk , paneer pieces and tomato pieces and cook covered for 3-4 minutes at low flame.
- Then add thick coconut milk and a pinch of fennel powder and cook on low flame for another 2 minutes.
- Check for the seasoning and switch off the flame…Serve with appam, chapati etc…