1 1/2 cup kumbalanga / ashgourd
3/4 cup pineapple
1 green chilli, slit
1 1/2 cup yogurt
3/4 cup grated coconut
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
6-8 small dried red chillies
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 sprig curry leaves
3/4 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
2 dried red chillies
salt to taste
1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- Cut ashgourd/ kumbalanga into large cubes. Chop pineapple into fine pieces.
- Blend yogurt adding 1/4 cup of water and keep it aside.
- In a blender, add grated coconut, cumin seeds and 6-8 small dried red chillies and grind well to a fine paste adding about 4-5 tbsp of water. Keep it aside.
- In a pan, add kumbalanga pieces, pineapple, slit green chilli, turmeric powder, salt and enough water and cook covered for about 15-20 minutes till done.
- Then add the blended yogurt and cook for 8-10 minutes over low-medium flame, stirring continuously.
- Add coconut paste and few curry leaves and cook for a few minutes. Do not boil. Switch off the flame.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds. Add fenugreek seeds,2 dried red chillies and curry leaves.
- Pour this over the pulissery and keep it covered for 3-4 minutes. Serve with rice…