1/2 cup boneless chicken, cut into thin strips or small pieces
3/4 tsp + 1 1/2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/4 tsp + 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 cup grated coconut
3-4 green chillies
5 garlic cloves
3 cups red spinach / cheera, chopped
1 onion, chopped
salt to taste
1 sprig curry leaves
2 tbsp oil
- In a bowl, add cleaned chicken pieces and marinate it with 3/4 tsp chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and salt and keep it aside.
- Wash and chop spinach leaves into small pieces.
- Crush grated coconut, green chillies, garlic, 1 1/2 tsp chilli powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder and salt together.
- Add this to the chopped spinach and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan and add sliced onion and curry leaves and saute well.
- Add marinated chicken to this, mix well and cook till done.
- Add crushed coconut – spinach mixture, mix well and cook covered on low flame until cooked and gets dry, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame and serve with rice….