1/2 kg mutton pieces
1 big onion, sliced
1 tbsp ginger, sliced
1 1/2 tbsp garlic, sliced
2 green chillies, slit
1 medium tomato, chopped
2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
small piece cinnamon
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
2 1/2 tbsp coriander powder
1 tbsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 cup thin coconut milk
3/4 cup thick coconut milk
salt to taste
3 shallots, sliced
2 dry red chillies
2 sprig curry leaves
2 tbsp + 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Heat 2 tbsp coconut oil in a pressure cooker and add cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, fennel seeds and sliced onion and saute well adding little salt till soft.
- Add sliced ginger and garlic and saute well. Add slit green chillies and saute well till onion turns light brown in colour.
- Reduce the flame to low and add coriander powder, kashmiri chilli powder and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add curry leaves and chopped tomato and cook till soft and mushy.
- Add cleaned mutton pieces and saute on high flame till the masala is well coated with mutton pieces.
- Add thin coconut milk and enough salt and cook for 1 whistle at high flame. Then reduce the flame and cook for 4-5 whistles till cooked.
- Then add chopped potatoes and garam masala , mix well and cook for 1 more whistle and switch off the flame.
- Open the cooker and add thick coconut milk and heat for few minutes. Do not boil. Adjust the salt and switch off the flame.
- Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and add shallots, dry red chillies and curry leaves.
- Pour this to the curry and mix well. Serve hot…