cooked matta rice, as required
8-10 sardines / mathi
1 tbsp chilli powder
3/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp pepper powder
5-6 shallots, sliced
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
coconut oil, as required
- Cut and clean the sardines and marinate them with chilli powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder and salt and keep it aside for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and gently place the marinated sardines in the hot oil and fry both sides, in medium flame, until they are done. Keep the fried fish aside.
- In the same pan ( add more oil if required), add sliced shallots along with curry leaves, a pinch of chilli powder and little salt and fry / saute well.
- Then add the cooked rice and mix well till the masala is well coated with the rice.
- Switch off the flame and serve hot with fried sardines….