1 cup basmati rice
1 onion, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
1 cup mint leaves
3 tbsp grated coconut
3 green chillies
1 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 piece cinnamon
1-1 1/2 tbsp oil
salt to taste
- Wash the rice and cook in a deep pan adding enough water and salt till done. Drain the water and keep it aside to cool completely.
- Grind together mint leaves, grated coconut, green chillies, ginger and turmeric powder to a fine paste. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cinnamon, cloves and cardamoms.
- Add chopped onion and saute well till it becomes soft.
- Add chopped tomato and saute well till soft.
- Add the ground mint paste and salt, mix and cook well till the raw smell of the masala leaves.
- Now add the cooked rice, mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes on low flame till the rice heated up well.
- Remove from the flame and serve hot with raita….