6-8 curd chillies/ thairu mulaku / kondattam mulaku
3/4-1 cup grated coconut
1 cup yoghurt, beaten
1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
1 tbsp coconut oil
- Grind grated coconut, 1/2 tsp mustard seeds and cumin seeds together to a thick smooth paste adding little water. Keep it aside.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan and add the ground coconut paste and saute till the raw smell disappears.
- Add beaten yoghurt and little salt to this, mix well and switch off the flame.
- Heat oil in another pan and splutter 1/2 tsp mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- Add curd chillies and curry leaves and fry till brown.
- Add this to the prepared pachadi , mix well and serve with rice……