1 cup paneer, cubed
150 gm okra / bhindi/ vendakka
2 tomatoes, chopped
4 garlic cloves
1 ” ginger
1 tbsp yogurt
1 bay leaf
1 onion, chopped
1 1/2 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp sugar
salt to taste
3-4 tbsp oil
- Chop the okra into 1 inch pieces and keep it aside.
- Grind chopped tomatoes, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, garlic, ginger and yogurt together to a smooth paste and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped okra and fry them till soft and crispy adding little salt and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add little more oil and add bay leaf and chopped onion and saute till it becomes transparent.
- Add the ground tomato paste and chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, sugar and salt, mix well and saute well till the raw smell of the tomato disappears.
- Add the okra pieces and paneer and mix well. Adjust the salt and cook covered for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the flame and serve hot…