1 cup horse gram / muthira
2 raw plantains / pachakaya/ kaya
1 cup grated coconut
2 + 2 green chillies
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
2 sprig curry leaves
1 tbsp crushed red chillies
5-6 shallots, sliced
1 tsp mustard seeds
salt to taste
1 tbsp coconut oil
- Dry roast the horse gram for 2-3 minutes, wash and soak in water for 3-4 hours and pressure cook it adding enough water for 4 whistles.
- Peel and chop raw plantain into cubes.
- In a blender, add grated coconut, 2 green chillies, few curry leaves, turmeric powder and cumin seeds and crush together. Keep it aside.
- Open the cooker and add chopped plantain and salt. Check water and add little water if required and cook for 1 whistle.
- In a pan / manchatti, add coconut oil and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add sliced shallots and curry leaves and saute well till soft.
- Add crushed coconut mixture, crushed red chillies and little salt and saute well at low flame for 3-4 minutes till the raw smell goes.
- Add cooked horse gram and 2 slit green chillies to this, stir well and cook for few minutes till dry.
- Adjust the salt and remove from the flame. Serve with rice…