1 cup semolina
2 ripe small bananas
1 cup plain flour
1 cup jaggery syrup (melt jaggery adding little water)
a pinch of salt
3 tbsp coconut bits, or as required
1 tsp black sesame seeds
1 tbsp ghee
oil for frying
- In a blender, add semolina, small bananas and cardamoms and blend well using 1 cup of water.
- Transfer to a bowl and add plain flour, jaggery syrup and a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Heat ghee in a small frying pan and fry sliced coconut till light brown.
- Add fried coconut pieces and black sesame seeds to the batter and mix well.
- Close the batter with a lid and let it sit for 2 hours.
- Heat oil in an unniyappam pan at medium flame.
- When oil becomes hot, pour a spoonful of batter into each hole and cook on low-medium flame till the sides gets cooked.
- Then turn it using a skewer or spoon gently and cook the other side until it turns golden brown colour and cooked.
- Remove from the pan and drain them on a paper towel…Serve as a snack..
Recipe Source: macaron_gal (Instagram)