5 salted hog plums / uppilitta ambazhanga
1 cup grated coconut
3-4 green chillies
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1 cup yogurt
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 dry red chillies
1 sprig curry leaves
salt to taste
1 tbsp coconut oil
- Chop the hog plums into small pieces.
- In a blender, add grated coconut, green chillies, cumin seeds, chopped hog plums, yogurt and 1/4 tsp mustard seeds and grind together to a paste.
- Transfer to a bowl and check for salt and add if required.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter 3/4 tsp mustard seeds. Add dry red chillies and curry leaves and saute for few seconds.
- Add this to the prepared mixture and mix well. Serve with rice….